Saturday 31 March 2012

Outside Exhibitions & Competitions

Today I have a post from long time Reflex member Barrie Tovey. Barrie has taken the time to explain just why it is that he enjoys entering Photographic Exhibitions & Salons.

The reason that I like to enter external Competitions & Salons is that I like the thought that my images are seen by a wider audience.

I get a real buzz from getting an image accepted, because of the number of photographers that enter mean that there can be 100’s if not 1000’s of images submitted, so to get one of mine in must mean that the judge or judges think that it’s worthy. There is normally a cost for entering and I know that there is no monetary gain. All you gain is pride and the knowledge that you’ve created a great image.

So if you want to have a go at putting your images in to an Outside Exhibition or Competition, Print or Digital please talk to me. I’m happy to help you select your entries (if you want me to), though I can’t guarantee that it will get in. Also if you enter as a group you can save on postage by sending all the prints off in the same case.

The “Cotswold Mono” is coming up fast so if your keen to give it a go then please let me know.

I’ve just had 2 images accepted into the Basingstoke Exhibition, one which gained a Commended placing. So I’m pretty pleased at the moment.

No comments:



Subscribe in a reader