Saturday 4 September 2010

A great start to the season!

So we've had the first meeting of the new year. It was a great night. Lot's of new faces and returning members from last year. We had members prints on show and presented a slide show (digitally, not slides so sorry to disappoint!) of members pictures. Which everyone enjoyed and as usual ribald comments and in jokes were thrown about when some of the pictures went on screen.

The meet also marked a change in leadership and Rosie certainly enjoyed giving Kevin the horn! No I'm not going to explain you should of been there. As it was his first meeting as Chairman Kev naturally got a bit of stick and was duly presented with his very own whip to complete his Indiana Jones look. Although as he gave Ian a squashed pig biscuit I think he came out of it about even.

I've already had quite a few comments on how the meeting went and I'd like to share one of them with you. Although I won't let on who said it unless they want to be credited that is.

"Thanx for a great night - the club was all you said it would be - friendly, fun and easy going. You underplayed the amount of talent within the room which has given me something to aspire to. I'm glad I made the effort ( I  wouldn't normally walk into a strange pub on my own ) and will def come again - Thanx !!!!!!"

So it would seem that despite having a Werewolf (again you should of been there) who stalks club members at night we're a friendly lot!

I'd like to thank everyone who attended and I hope to see you all again next week when we have Mr. Ray Grace, who I'm led to believe is a member of Crown Monochrome Group, giving a Photoshop Workshop and presenting a selection of his images. So please, if you have any Photoshop related questions, send them into me at the usual email address or, of course, you can ask them on the night.

No comments:



Subscribe in a reader